Tuesday, September 13, 2005

SP6 questionnaire & a finished object

We got our SP6 match ups today!! Woo hoo!! Now I just need to get that questionnaire filled out.

First, how about a finished object(s). The one button cardigan? Nope! I have all the stitches for the ribbing picked up and have 2 of the 7 rows of ribbing done. Maybe by tomorrow. No friends, my finished object is a hat & scarf set made from Erin's lovely absinthe yarn.
I used Lelah's simple & wonderful basic hat pattern and the scarf was completely winged. I'm thrilled with the way it turned out!! The color is fabulous & it's so soft & warm! Perfect for winter!! Thanks again Erin!!



Oh & check out that shirt! It's from Leah at craftster. I LOVE it!!!

Ok, now on to Secret pal!!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I am but I'm not... I HATE acrylic that feels stiff and plasticy (like red heart supersaver) but I will use lion's brand wool ease or other soft acrylics if they are OK for what I'm making

2. Do you spin? Crochet? I can crochet but not well.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
I have seasonal hay fever but that shouldn't be a problem. I really dislike the smell of smoke.

4. How long have you been knitting? One year and 4 months

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, I have an Amazon wish list.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Gardenia & Jasmine.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Yes!! I love chocolate!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I do embroidery, stencil & silkscreen shirts, lino cut, photography, & sew

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Yes, I can play MP3's. I love all kinds of music. 60's & 70's rock, 80's rap & hip hop, Indie rock, & classic country.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Red is my favorite. I also love blue, green, yellow and orange. I'm not a huge fan of pink.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I'm married to an amazing man, Isaac & we live happily with our cat Max.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) To live peacefully, travel and gain as much knowledge and as many interesting life experiences as possible.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I love cascade 220, noro kureyon and manos del uruguay.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Squeaky rough acrylics, novelty yarn, rough cotton

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I've been knitting a lot of lace lately. I also love making felted things!!

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I love making felted bags, sweaters & anything that makes lace look cool & modern & hats!!

17. What are you knitting right now? The one button cardigan from the spring/summer issue of Knit.1, the ballet tee from loop-d-loop & I'm about to start on the lace leaf pullover from loop-d-loop.

18. What do you think about ponchos? They are really not my style.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circs for somethings & straights for others. I am completely obsessed with my new Denise kit right now so I want to knit everything on circs lately!!

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? For straights I love Bamboo unless it's tiny needles, then I prefer plastic or aluminum.

21. Are you a sock knitter? Not yet but I really want to be!

22. How did you learn to knit? I wanted to spend more time with my great aunt who is a knitter/crocheter so I asked her to teach me.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? 5 months. It's the baby's first tattoo sweater from Sn'B nation.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I don't have a favorite cartoon character but my favorite show in general is the Simpsons. As far as animals go I love cats, elephants, owls & finches.

25. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween

26. Is there anything that you collect? Vintage (50's mostly) halloween decorations & costumes

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Sadly none but I have been thinking of getting a subscription to Interweave Knits.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? Knitting over the edge & Last minute knitted gifts

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? None now, thanks Sandra!!! :)

30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like? I wear a size 8 shoe. My ankle measurement is 8" as is the length of my foot. I like socks to come above my ankle.

So, thats it secret pal!! :)

Comments:
Yay for the hat and scarf--they're both lovely! Did you see me obsessively checking all day? It's the first I've seen made with any yarn I've spun. Thanks for putting a picture up!! I love the button
 
Hee! Gorgeous hat and scarf - I love the button; I really dig functional little details like that. Props to Erin too for the pretty handspun yarn.
 
so you inspired me to do the woolgathered hat for an instant gratification project. yours looks super cute!
 
I'm so glad that everyone approves. I felt a little like I was copping out taking a really lucious handspun yarn & making a hat & scarf set but I really have wanted one!

I'm also glad eveyone likes the button. I have been dying to make a buttonhole scarf (it just seems so functional to me too). I love the way they turned out!

Kym, the woolgathered pattern is great! I think I knit the hat up in about an hour & a half. It would have been less but I did it with circs & didn't have size 13 dpn's so I had to fight a little to close up the top. It really wasn't too bad. I can't wait to see yours!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?