Tuesday, September 13, 2005
SP6 questionnaire & a finished object
First, how about a finished object(s). The one button cardigan? Nope! I have all the stitches for the ribbing picked up and have 2 of the 7 rows of ribbing done. Maybe by tomorrow. No friends, my finished object is a hat & scarf set made from Erin's lovely absinthe yarn.
I used Lelah's simple & wonderful basic hat pattern and the scarf was completely winged. I'm thrilled with the way it turned out!! The color is fabulous & it's so soft & warm! Perfect for winter!! Thanks again Erin!!
Oh & check out that shirt! It's from Leah at craftster. I LOVE it!!!
Ok, now on to Secret pal!!
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I am but I'm not... I HATE acrylic that feels stiff and plasticy (like red heart supersaver) but I will use lion's brand wool ease or other soft acrylics if they are OK for what I'm making
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I can crochet but not well.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) I have seasonal hay fever but that shouldn't be a problem. I really dislike the smell of smoke.
4. How long have you been knitting? One year and 4 months
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, I have an Amazon wish list.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Gardenia & Jasmine.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Yes!! I love chocolate!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I do embroidery, stencil & silkscreen shirts, lino cut, photography, & sew
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Yes, I can play MP3's. I love all kinds of music. 60's & 70's rock, 80's rap & hip hop, Indie rock, & classic country.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Red is my favorite. I also love blue, green, yellow and orange. I'm not a huge fan of pink.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I'm married to an amazing man, Isaac & we live happily with our cat Max.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) To live peacefully, travel and gain as much knowledge and as many interesting life experiences as possible.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I love cascade 220, noro kureyon and manos del uruguay.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Squeaky rough acrylics, novelty yarn, rough cotton
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I've been knitting a lot of lace lately. I also love making felted things!!
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I love making felted bags, sweaters & anything that makes lace look cool & modern & hats!!
17. What are you knitting right now? The one button cardigan from the spring/summer issue of Knit.1, the ballet tee from loop-d-loop & I'm about to start on the lace leaf pullover from loop-d-loop.
18. What do you think about ponchos? They are really not my style.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circs for somethings & straights for others. I am completely obsessed with my new Denise kit right now so I want to knit everything on circs lately!!
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? For straights I love Bamboo unless it's tiny needles, then I prefer plastic or aluminum.
21. Are you a sock knitter? Not yet but I really want to be!
22. How did you learn to knit? I wanted to spend more time with my great aunt who is a knitter/crocheter so I asked her to teach me.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? 5 months. It's the baby's first tattoo sweater from Sn'B nation.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I don't have a favorite cartoon character but my favorite show in general is the Simpsons. As far as animals go I love cats, elephants, owls & finches.
25. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
26. Is there anything that you collect? Vintage (50's mostly) halloween decorations & costumes
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Sadly none but I have been thinking of getting a subscription to Interweave Knits.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? Knitting over the edge & Last minute knitted gifts
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? None now, thanks Sandra!!! :)
30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like? I wear a size 8 shoe. My ankle measurement is 8" as is the length of my foot. I like socks to come above my ankle.
So, thats it secret pal!! :)
I'm also glad eveyone likes the button. I have been dying to make a buttonhole scarf (it just seems so functional to me too). I love the way they turned out!
Kym, the woolgathered pattern is great! I think I knit the hat up in about an hour & a half. It would have been less but I did it with circs & didn't have size 13 dpn's so I had to fight a little to close up the top. It really wasn't too bad. I can't wait to see yours!