Monday, March 20, 2006

In the arms of my sweet lovin' man

Isaac will be home in just over an hour! YAY!!

I agree with those of you that said a little alone time is good. I actually love being alone in the house, which is not to say I don't enjoy my husbands company! It's just the way I grew up. I was a total latch key kid in a neighborhood that had no other kids. Every afternoon I would be home for around 2 hours by myself before my mom got home. I suppose that is where my craftiness sprang from. I was always doing something reading, cooking, painting, cross-stitch, trying to teach the dog to walk on a balance beam (it got really boring in my neck of the woods).

It's served me well over the years especially in dealing with Isaac. Not only is he often gone a couple of weeks a year but we work totally different schedules. While I get home at 5:00pm he gets home at 10:00pm. It gives me a lot of time to knit or sew or watch mindless TV shows he would never watch. As much as I love my time alone I still get excited when I hear his footsteps on the walk! I'm a really lucky girl.

Thanks for all the compliments on the skirt. I am really hooked on sewing. I love skirts and I really can't wait til I really master all those skills. I have this dream of making the majority of my own clothes- either knit or sewn. So this was one giant leap for me!

Comments:
I think that sounds like the perfect relationship - you just naturally have alone and together time, without having to go into complicated negotiations or anything.

And damn - you have some serious postcard skillz there! That was one stunning piece of artwork you sent to Maryse!
 
you are too cute! im the same way when it comes to Tom, I like my knitting time but I also get super excited when I hear him coming home. that's the way it should be when you're with your best friend right?

can't wait to see what else you sew up!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?