Saturday, April 15, 2006
If I meet you in the night, you're free to covet all you like.
1. Neko Case. We saw her live last night at the Variety Playhouse & it was really wonderful. Her voice has such depth and emotion that really is only hinted at in her CD's. It left the whole place with the feeling of a bittersweet lullaby.
NPR has a huge MP3 of a live concert she did for them recently here.
2. Giotto socks. I know I said no sock knitting this month but all the concentration on the colorwork for the felted bag left me needing another knit. Something to break it up a bit. I'm using my flickering flame colorway from Brooklyn Handspun. A perfect match for this pattern & for project spectrum!
Anna's sock patterns = LOVE
3. My recent yarn purchase!!
It was totally worth breaking my "yarn buying fast" don't you think?
4. My new camera. It's a Nikon CoolPix 4800. It was a birthday present from Isaac. Who in traditional Isaac fashion, couldn't wait til my birthday next Wednesday & gave it to me last week. Not that I mind AT ALL!
It's got all sorts of great features like a teriffic macro setting & 8.3x zoom (which is soooo cool). It takes great WIP's & yarn porn pics (which is probably not what the people at Nikon designed it for).
You can check out some of my other pictures on my Flickr .
5. Candy Eggs. Particularly ones with peanut butter in them like the reese's peanut butter cup eggs or the speckled peanut butter M&M's.
Somehow it's just yummier in egg form.
6. Tonight we are off to the drunken unicorn to see the selmanaires. Beer + Rock N' Roll = A good night!!
I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Oh, I am jealous of you seeing Neko Case. I couldn't get anyone to go with me when she was here - argh.
Congrats on the new camera!!
Your socks look absolutely lovely! I'm planning your mix CD as we speak!